14 noviembre 2012

Chili and something more!!!!!



Yesterday my 14 years old daughter came from school so sad, because her volleyball season just finished and I was thinking to do some special food for her, that's why today I made Chili,, nothing special but for her its "mommy comfort food".

First,,,, last night I soaked in water black beans (you could use canned beans),, Then today I grinded the meat. When I grind the meat I put onions, peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, carrot, garlic, and everything inside, because around here we have a few picky eaters


Ingredients
2 pounds meat (could be pork, turkey, beef)
1 large onion
1/2 green bell pepper
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic clove
1 tsp ground chile
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 can chicken or beef broth
2 tblsp ground oregano
1 tsp sugar 
1/2 pound black beans

  
Directions
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add  first 3 ingredients, cooked until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain the fat and return to pan. Add broth and others ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat , simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.

Ladle chili into soup bowls, top with grated cheddar cheese or sour cream and cilantro

 My daughter love "Chili Bowl",,, look at this beauty!! Just put a layer of french fries then chili and cheddar cheese,,, put in the oven for 15 minutes.





Suggestions: If you like I always grind much meat, save to make meatballs or nachos or tacos. Check this two options.
Ground meat for tacos

Meat balls













Or you could do something like this "Taco",,, in a  skillet just put some flour tortilla, meat and cheese, put in the oven until cheese melt and the tortilla is crispy, serve with sour cream!!!





4 comentarios:

  1. I am so doing this on Sunday! Do you think it would work well with either pizza dough or corn tortillas made from scratch?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Pizza dough sounds fantastic,,, of course it works.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Waoooooo me encanta!!!! soy fanatica del chile y todo lo que se pueda combinar con tortillas!!! I'll try this for sure!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Tengo una receta de taco de pescado,,, que seguro te va a encantar

    ResponderEliminar